1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Late Application for GTP Primary with EM Direct

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by FEZ6, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Hi everyone

Just wanted to know if anyone had recently applied to EM Direct GTP Primary place for the last application date, being 30th April.

I am in the process of finding out if the school I volunteer in will support my application at such short notice.
    Can someone just confirm that your support school has to pay the shortfall fee (just over £6000) and TDA pay the rest which will be your annual salary?

Has anyone found a supporting school at such short notice? If the school I am working in say no, then I am not sure if I will have time to find a supporting school.
    Any information would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Lynnette

2. Hi Fez;
    yep I applied just before the hols as I am away til 23rd and i found my school in Feb and we confirmed theyd support me beginning of March so managed only 6days there before the applications I also applied to Marjon who closed end March
    bit disconcerting though as EMDirect have policy of not responding contqcting applicants unless its good news so am waiting with bated breath whilst marjon have been in contact to confirm reciept etc! good luck with finding a school and ke^p trying you just never know i genuinely believe it was meant to be with my supporting school and i amso happy to have found them and they unexpectedly had an opening for starting this year: my idea would be to explain that you are looking for somewhere for 2013 or 2012 start;that if youre not sucessfull with your application you will ^pply again in september for next year and in the mean time you can offer whatever you can offer for instance i will be volunteering every thursday all day either until the end summer termor for all next year too ; if im not sucessful with either of these applications for 2012 start best wishes and apologies for punctuation etc im on an arabic keyboard havent worked it all out

3. Hi Kaz

Many thanks for the information you provided. I am going to stick with it and see what happens. Good luck with your application, hope it all goes well for you.

Lynnette

4. cheers! Got a letter from emdirect - no interview. Have an interview with marjon next Thursday week! Hooray. best wishes to you too.