1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last Supper

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by nick909, Jan 22, 2011.

1. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Inspired by the heaven/hell thread...
    Apparently, the most requested last meal by death row inmates is a cheeseburger and fries....
    Now, without wishing to push the thread into the realms of bad taste, if you knew a meal was to be your last on earth, and it was to be cooked for you, what would you wish it to be? Number of courses up to you, and if you can include what you'd drink as well, then so much the better!
    Hmmm. Going to think mine through, carefully.

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Inspired by the heaven/hell thread...
    Apparently, the most requested last meal by death row inmates is a cheeseburger and fries....
    Now, without wishing to push the thread into the realms of bad taste, if you knew a meal was to be your last on earth, and it was to be cooked for you, what would you wish it to be? Number of courses up to you, and if you can include what you'd drink as well, then so much the better!
    Hmmm. Going to think mine through, carefully.

3. I am not at all sure I could swallow a morsel or enjoy it if I knew it was to be my last meal ever!

4. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

I don't mean literally, CQ, more just a little bit of fun...
    Okay, I'd have:
    Nibbles - Jamon Iberico and salted almonds with Fino
    Canapes - Native Oysters with Krug
    Appetiser - Foie Gras with Sauternes
    Fish Course - Bouillabaise with a Sancerre
    Meat Course - Roast leg of lamb with a bottle of Gigondas
    Cheese - Manchego with Membrillo, a Yarg, a Chaumes and a Stilton with the rest of the wine and some tawny port, grapes and crackers
    Pud - Tarte Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream, a glass of Calvados
    Illy coffee, Cognac, and, sod it, a fine Cuban Cigar.

With a bit of luck I'll be fast asleep by the time they strap me to the chair...

5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I think this has been done before....I wonder if my choices have changed since then?

I'd be tempted to go for cheese in every course....I can't eat that anymore and if it was my last meal ever I could just scoff and enjoy!

Still, let's think....

Starter: Homemade Mackerel Pate on Homemade Bread.
    2nd Starter: Pear, Walnut and Stilton Salad.
    Fish Course: Mixed Seafood with Shallot Vinegar
    Meat Course: Mustard Rabbit with Rosti and Red Cabbage
    Dessert: Steamed Dumplings with Blackberry Compote and Custard
    Savoury: Welsh Rarebit
    Coffe and Petit Fours

I would like a male companion please, and would like him to smoke a cigar whilst we enjoy coffee! I don't smoke - it's unhealthy and nasty......but I just love the smell of a good cigar!
    Just a minute....if I have a male companion can I change my menu? Walnut Mousse! Lots of creamy Walnut Mousse....it's my last meal and I think I could come up with some fun ways to enjoy the mousse before I go!

6. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

What is it I have done to be on Death Row? Not sure I would deserve to eat, but still...
    Entree - Dukkau, chilli dipping oil and flatbreads with apple tea
    Starter - Greek Mezze of tiganita, fava, deep-fried whitebait, calamari, taramasalata, spanakopita, tzatziki, kolokythoanthoi, horta, greek salad, saganaki, pantzarosalats, greek salad [basically a meal in itself!] - served with the wine from my uncle's vineyards.
    Main - Stifado with Gigantes and Horta, Kinkteata and Bamies - served with Mavrodafni to drink
    An all-Greek cheeseboard which must include Anthotyros served with Tentura to drink
    Dessert - Rizogalo with Karidopta served with vast quantities of Ouzo so I'd forget I was about to die.
    To finish - Retsina and Vasilopita

7. henriette

henriette New commenter

What is Kinkteata ?

8. Should egyptgirl maybe reregister as greekgirl? [​IMG]

9. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I think this thread should also ask what you are on death row for. It's going to be murder of one sort or other, we know, but the grisly details would give us greater insight into the rationale behind the dishes chosen.

10. egyptgirl

Cooked young nettles, sometimes finished with herbs, lemons and garlic.

11. henriette

henriette New commenter

does it work with other greens?

12. egyptgirl

I don't see why it wouldn't but it probably wouldn't be as authentic!