1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last proper day of the holidays, what have you done?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by EraFleur, Sep 2, 2011.

1. I know we have the weekend but that's a little bit different so what have you done on your last proper day off?

2. I know we have the weekend but that's a little bit different so what have you done on your last proper day off?

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Goy up late, been shopping, been riding, been to pub..................

....................but then my last day of hols is next Thursday! [​IMG]

4. How unfair! I've spent today cleaning so I can have a weekend of relaxation.

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

[​IMG]

6. Not strictly my last day as I was in for training yesterday, and today is my normal day off so I didn't go into work for the second training day.

My family enjoyed a lie in, then I spent the morning at a friends house before taking my children to a local sweet/craft shop where they created something arty and I enjoyed a fab cup of coffee in the afternoon. Was lovely.
    Zoo tomorrow if the weather suits.

7. Got up, went to the gym then undid all the hard work by meeting family for pub lunch.
    Went shopping after pub lunch.
    Pretended to do some school work (which was just writing dates in my new planner....best job of the year!)
    Now watching football, eating pizza and drinking wine (yet more undoing of all the hard work at the gym!)

8. I have started thinking what unhealthy take away I will have after the first day back with all the little angels. One INSET day then 30 children the following day [​IMG]

9. Fur

Fur New commenter

Could've gone into school to faff with my classroom again but instead...
    Got up went to the gym, went for lunch with Mum and future Mum in law, then went to try on Wedding dresses for the first time.
    Definitely made the right choice! [​IMG]

10. Leicester_Vics

Leicester_Vics New commenter

I've been back at work since Tuesday. Bah Humbug!

11. ljr

ljr New commenter

......Had a three hour lunch sitting in a pub garden in the sunshine with my sister in law. We both teach at the same school & agreed it was the best thing to do on our last day. We said we would look back on today when its cold & miserable and things get tough at school.
    I did this yesterday, its the only start of term activity I love doing.

12. Went shopping to try and find another necklace for my wedding outfit since eBay seller decided she'd changed her mind and just refunded my payment without sending it.
    Didn't find one.

13. B***er all, though enthusiastically working my way through a fine sauvignon blanc now.

14. Marked Year 10's controlled assessments which have been festering in my cupboard under the stairs since March! Better late etc. etc As a reward, now toddling off to the local shop to buy a bottle of cab sauv.

15. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Drove the dogs to the forest about 20 mins away with no wild deer so they could be let off for a good long run. Their holiday is over as well as mine. Decent long walks will be limited to the weekend until half term.
    Came back and went on the exercise bike while watching some of SATC the Movie.
    Had a bath.
    Did supermarket shop, collected new curtains, dropped car at the garage. Put up new curtains [​IMG].
    This evening Mr BS and I have had a takeaway pizza and watched The Mentalist box set.
    We are away from tomorrow afternoon so I have tomorrow morning for cleaning and a bit of gardening.

16. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Dog, children and in-laws to a National Trust proerty for a long walk in the wood. Lovely, on the whole.

17. Had a lie-in, went out to collect a Next order, bought 2 bargain cushions for my book corner, stopped for a coffee and a brownie at Costa, did a couple of errands, cooked 9 meals (8 for the freezer, 1 for tonight), tried on stuff from Next order and tidied the bedroom, did a couple of school jobs and am now the right (or wrong?) side of a bottle of Shiraz whilst surfing and watching Bridget Jones. [​IMG]

18. Collect a book from the library that had been on order for 6 weeks, typical, no time to read it now..grrr

19. Yesterday I; had a hair cut; saw my podiatrist; got some shoe inserts; ignored advice about wearing them in gradualy; walked to town; go a HUGE blister; caught the bus home; soaked the offending blister; cooked tea; ordered the shopping online to come on Sunday; went back and added all of the things I forgot to buy when I first did the order; vegitated infront of the telly with OH and nibble. Today and tomorrow I shall do as little as possible!!

20. WAS going to spend tomorrow gardening and cleaning, but have been invited out for tea tomorrow so got up early and did it all today. Am feeling mightily smug and virtuous. And knackered.