1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last minute panic

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by saro87, Dec 5, 2011.

1. wel I have my first interview on wednesday and I am now panicking that they are going to start a discussion about an issue that I know nothing about!!!I have read up on reading tests, review of the nc, phonics, but much of the news is about the pension strikes!!any suggestions of what else I should read up on?? thanks :)

2. wel I have my first interview on wednesday and I am now panicking that they are going to start a discussion about an issue that I know nothing about!!!I have read up on reading tests, review of the nc, phonics, but much of the news is about the pension strikes!!any suggestions of what else I should read up on?? thanks :)

3. They kept it rather vague on my interview ("what makes a good English teacher?"), so we could bring up our own issues and experience. And they're looking for someone who'll make a good teacher, not a good journalist! And the strikes are more a teachER issue than teachING, if you see what I mean?
    Questions that you might want to consider are more personal- why do YOU want to be a teacher, why would YOU make a good teacher, etc?

Best of luck!

4. I'm now worrying about the same problem. What did they ask you about in your interview?

5. I didnt get asked about an issue at all after all that worrying they just asked why do you think you would be a good teacher, what challenges do you think face teachers in the classroom and what would you find difficult about teaching the third was a scenrio what would i do if i witnessed homophobic behaviour in the playground and lastly I had to tell them about my experience hope this helps x