1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

last minute p[rep for Listening exams

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by henriette, May 13, 2012.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

I have been given a 2 hour slot with y11 tomorrow as last minute p[rep for Listening exams.
    They have done every single past paper I have managed to access; they have done the exercises linked to the videos on the Ashcombe site (thanks Helen) and the podcasts on MFL Sunderland (thanks, Geekie).
    What else can I do with them to reassure them that they<u> can</u> do listening? (18 students, all should pass, 5 or six could get B, 3 will get A)
    I really just want them to get the sound of French into their heads before he exam, so they are fully attuned to it: would watching Extra! back to back be useful do you think?
    Any and all ideas welcomed - and if anyone has something brilliant that they are prepared to share, my email address is henri.ette@btinternet,com

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

I have been given a 2 hour slot with y11 tomorrow as last minute p[rep for Listening exams.
    They have done every single past paper I have managed to access; they have done the exercises linked to the videos on the Ashcombe site (thanks Helen) and the podcasts on MFL Sunderland (thanks, Geekie).
    What else can I do with them to reassure them that they<u> can</u> do listening? (18 students, all should pass, 5 or six could get B, 3 will get A)
    I really just want them to get the sound of French into their heads before he exam, so they are fully attuned to it: would watching Extra! back to back be useful do you think?
    Any and all ideas welcomed - and if anyone has something brilliant that they are prepared to share, my email address is henri.ette@btinternet,com

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

4. Henriette,
    I've mailed you something which might be of use.

5. I'm in the same position as you. I've found the January 2012 exam (question paper and mp3 file) here: http://www.mcsmodlangs.org/extra/
    (Under AQA French, scroll down to Jan 2012; '2012 Jan' is the mp3 file, Qs is the paper).
    Unfortunately, there's no marking scheme, but according to the UMS converter, 28/40 is an A* so I'm guessing it's going to be tricker than June 2011.

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

I have replied

7. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Those are brilliant websites. Thanks for posting the links.