1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

last minute job observation on Wed. Yr 4 lesson. please help.First potential job

Discussion in 'Primary' started by boggart, May 22, 2012.

1. Hello,
    Just woke up to an email inviting me to an interview tomorrow morning. It will be an hour lesson to
    a year 4 class and all I was told is that it can be on any subject. Im thinking possibly lit or numercy and was wondering if anyone had a powerpoint etc or suggestions on how I can wow my
    potential new boss!
    thank you
    x

2. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

You need to do something you feel confident with.
    You could try NRich for some good maths ideas.

3. Teach a lesson you have taught before so you know the timings etc.
    It is not about blowing your boss away - its about having control, making sure all children engaged and making progress that is what they will be looking for.
    Don't try and put too much in - basic lesson is great in interview when taught well.

4. Focus on them learning something new. They will be looking for good teaching which leads to good learning. They will also be looking at how well you engage the children but that doesn't mean it needs to be 'wow'. They also want to see how well you take control of the classroom.
    Have you seen www.gogivers.org The lessons on here might give you a starting point for ideas.
    Good luck. I hope you get the job.