1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last minute bargains

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Dec 21, 2011.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Post your last minute bargains here:
    - Tesco has jars of Thorntons moments at £2.99 for 600g

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Post your last minute bargains here:
    - Tesco has jars of Thorntons moments at £2.99 for 600g

3. Lalad

Lalad Lead commenter

You can download a form to get £20 cashback on Panasonic breadmakers bought before 31st December - they are on special offer at Amazon at the moment anyway, so with the cashback the model without nut etc dispenser comes down to £78.70, and the more expensive model to £95. I've just been given one as a late birthday present and am a delighted convert to breadmaking!
    Lalad

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I love my Panasonic breadmaker.
    I got one a few years ago - saved 10% by signing up for a storecard which I paid off straight away and never used again.
    Enjoy it Lalad - fresh bread in less than 2 hours - set it and leave it - wonderful!

5. Tins Roses, now £3.50 B&M and Homebargains.

6. Excellent sale at Sainsburys at the moment, picked lot of childrens clothes at 70% off. For example three tops were reduced from ten pounds to 2.10. The dresses were reduced from 17 pounds to 7.50. (my pound symbol isn't working.)

7. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Women's clothing too - I got a red tunic/dress with gold embrtoidery reduced from £30 to £9 and a "Cashmillon" (?) jumper for £3.

8. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Boots is great for aftershave/perfume at the moment. :)

9. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Millets

Good deals on boots (from £20 up wards)
    Also things like kids base layers are as little are £3.

Millets will be going bust in the new year, so please don't buy gift vouchers with them!

10. BHS have lots of bargains, but you need to be quick as many have already gone.
    Curry's have £30 cashback on TomTom satnavs.

11. 5ft artificial Christmas tree £1 from homebase.

12. I was in millets too. Ladies t-shirts £4-was £20.

13. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Really? Bug.gers have still got them at £4.50 online. I should know as I've just bought a few!

14. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

OMG
    Morrisons!
    I went in to get some milk and ended up spending over ninety quid
    Their lovely gift sets are half price - pretty cheap to start with too.

eg Walkers shortbread with ceramic toast rack and marmelade jars in fabric bread-basket <strike>&pound;10</strike> now &pound;5

15. bfudge69

bfudge69 New commenter

I bought perfume from here:
    http://www.fragrancemad.com/britney-spears-
    Britney Spears curious &pound;15.89 for 100ml
    Boots - &pound;22 for 30ml (&pound;73.33 per 100ml)
    I got stuff so much cheaper I bought two gift sets with candles and a body souffle(I don't even know what that is) and still paid less.
    I will be in the good books this year [​IMG]
    P.S I ordered it on Monday night at about 9:30pm and it arrived yesterday morning. Delivery was &pound;3.99 but they also gift wrapped it and put a message of my choice on it.
    Next year everyone's getting perfume!

16. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Nice perfume is always appreciated

17. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Jesus! Do you ACTUALLY NEED any of that ****?
    My Christmas is grumpy and frugal. All I need is to shove that urchin up the chimney and light another candle!

18. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Which urchin?

19. Not if you have asthma or have an asthmatic in the house.
    Some people, like me, are allergic to certain ingredients in perfume and this leads to vomiting and migraines. One year I threw up at the new year sales after putting on some new Cerutti 1881.

20. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I suffer too, but find that nicer perfumes don't set me off so much - only so-called 'air fresheners' and other household chemicals.
    Perfume is such a personal thing and I suppose you'd know whether it suited the recipient before giving it?