1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last lesson with year 11 Btec

Discussion in 'Science' started by sconroy82, May 5, 2011.

1. Im a PGCE student coming to the end of my block b placement. Tommorow I have to teach my year 11 Btec class but most have them have completed their assignments, besides filling in a few forms and signing a few bits and pieces here and there I have no idea how to fill the time with them.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

2. Im a PGCE student coming to the end of my block b placement. Tommorow I have to teach my year 11 Btec class but most have them have completed their assignments, besides filling in a few forms and signing a few bits and pieces here and there I have no idea how to fill the time with them.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

3. How about a bit of analysis of the course - what did they enjoy; what did they find hard; would they recoomend to toher students - perhaps you could get them to write an advert or info for a flier for new pupils considering it as an option.
    Then how about a 'treasure hunt' activity - they look up scientific terms in a standard text book
    Give them a page ref then ask them e.g - the name for two or more atoms joined chemically
    Answer - Compound
    to make it more interesting take letters from the answers to spell a term....
    maybe Congratulations or Goodbye - or Lollipop (if your school allows edible prizes)...
    HTH

4. Thanks for the help I was struggling to be creative with all the paperwork and applications ive got to finish before the placement ends, Ill be trying out some of your ideas :D