1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last lesson with AS spanish group before unit 1 exam

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Gaz80, May 8, 2012.

1. Tomorrow is the last lesson I will have with the y12 before they do the unit one exam next week. It is the first time I have taught this and want to prepare them as much as possible for the exam. Any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Depending on the length of the lesson you have, a past paper, but concentrate on what they've found difficult.
    Have you read the examiner's report for January's Span1 and seen what they students need to concentrate on?

3. Thanks for your reply. No I haven't read the report fully but will be doing tonight!

4. For my last AQA As lesson I have down loaded the 10 sentence manipulation from the last 5 papers and we will concentrate on those.Not very exciting but each sentence is worth 1 mark and the grammar point are repetitive.
    Helen

5. Yes that's a good idea thank you

6. Charlington

Charlington New commenter

Have a wee look at my resources on here, I have posted a powerpoint that our Spanish assistant made that is chock full of cloze test questions on all the AS topics.
    Also, tell your students to look at eSpanish as well, there are pdf worksheets for each of the 12 topics with activities on all 4 skill areas. These would make good self-revision worksheets.
    Charlie

7. Do make sure you have covered the Olympics 2012, it is bound to appear in the exam.
    I covered it in March but today I did go through specific vocabulary and related ideas. Students enjoyed it too.

8. Thank you so much