1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last four days? TES logging me out every other screen - what's going on?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Vince_Ulam, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline @TES_Community

I haven't updated my browsers or changed my cookie settings or any of that malarkey. I'm using Windows 8 with IE 11, with the same problem on Chrome. No problem on IOS.

Any chance of a fix? It's irritating beyond words.

2. Vince_Ulam

Stupid software keeps logging me out after every post too. Like just now. Doubtless next too.

I can just about get in on Chrome. I hate Chrome.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  3. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

Hi Vince,

I am going to chase the team responsible for maintaining community to see if we can get to the bottom of the logout issues. One question that would help us out - when you are logged out of community are you also logged out of the rest of TES? ie: once you get logged out of community could you visit https://www.tes.com and let me know if you see the generic home page or a personalized newsfeed. (Well somewhat personalized - we are currently building more personalization)

Cheers,

David

4. Vince_Ulam

Thanks for the prompt response, David. The next time TES lets me log in via IE then I'll test that for you and report back.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

@dmorgantini Happening to me too. I post something, next thing i know I'm logged out. I'll check if I can access other things as TG when I'm logged out of the Community.

6. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

Ha, I just was logged out as well - which is a good thing cause it means I can help to investigate - and yes, you are still logged into the rest of the TES site. I've reported that to the community team and will report on our findings as we investigate.

7. Vince_Ulam

@dmorgantini

I still cannot log into the Community from IE, the dialogue returning me to the screen from which I attempted entry, but it does now have me logged in on tes.com.

8. colinbillett

colinbillett Occasional commenter

That might explain why I got logged out when I just went to add a comment. Gremlins in the system, eh?

9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

And me yesterday

10. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I have just managed to logon for the first time in about a week. It tells me I have an invalid password when it is the correct one. I have just been successful with my laptop rather than my ipad but it is so frustrating! I hope this can be improved soon.

11. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi, @Vince_Ulam, @TheoGriff, @colinbillett, @minnie me and @Sundaytrekker,

We are still investigating this problem. Please bear with us while we try to resolve the issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are also aware of the missing username and avatar in the top right-hand corner of the site.

12. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

Hi All,

I think we've finally got to the bottom of the logout issues. If you continue to be logged out while posting please post here. If you are unable to login in the first place, please try to login on www.tes.com and then navigate to community. If that fails, let me know and I will investigate.

Thanks,

David

13. TES_Rosaline

Hi,

Don't forget to let us know if you are being logged out of the Community by posting below.

Thank you.

14. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I've been logged out three times tonight, each time after after editing a post.
    Posting and reading hasn't caused me any problems and I could log straight back in without a problem.
    I wouldn't normally mention such a slight problem but @dmorgantini asked us to flag these things up

15. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

After a couple of days free from being logged out, I have been logged out 4 or 5 times this eve. The last time it took a long time (well a couple of minutes) to get back in again. I hadn't been doing anything, other than moving between threads.

16. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

So when I said I think we've got to the bottom of it, what I meant is that in three more days we will finally actually get to the bottom of it :) Now all your login problems should be resolved. Please let us know if any persist.

17. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

:D
    My problems have not continued......so far ;)

18. TES_Rosaline

Hi @Spiritwalkerness,

Please can you let us know if you are still having logout problems?

Thank you for letting us know @Didactylos4.

19. Spiritwalkerness

@TES_Rosaline

I've been on all night and not been logged out. But the fix seems to have cost me 40 points...:p

marlin likes this.
  20. Spiritwalkerness

Typical, just been logged out. Do I get some points reimbursed? 10 seems fair ;)