1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last.FM

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Richie Millions, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

I bought an internet radio some time ago and have been delighted with it. I love music and will most often choose what Ilisten to but do now and then like the surprise of someone else's choice. I discovered with this radio, Last.FM which allows you to design your own radio station. Perfect for me. The element of surprise but fenced by a certain type of music or genre.

Simply you choose say an artist at the moment mine is "Julie London" and then the radio plays a continous stream of music from that Artist and their contemporaries or from that particular genre. No irritating DJ's adverts etc, purely the type of music you want played at this moment. You can like or dislike tracks by remote as they are chosen which then helps the computer "learn" what you like.

Perfection I suspect you will agree. Yes dear listener but for one thing as the computer trawls through the albums of your chosen artist and those similar it occasionally happens across a Christmas album and has not yet been trained to filter these out unless in December.

I have just ,"enjoyed" White Christmas.

Any other Last.FM users out there? You can access it through your PC of course no need for a specific type of radio x

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I've been using Last.FM for a few years now via the PC and I think it's brilliant!

3. crampsfan

crampsfan New commenter

It's great. You listen to and find a lot of new music that way.
    I only know Cry Me a River but have always loved those lines:
    Told me love was too plebian
    Told me you were through with me an'

4. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I like using Last.FM on Second Life! I keep a list of interesting new artist that crop up on my humungously large flatscreen in my swish pad. (new to me, that is. )