1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last episode of Unforgotten

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Nov 12, 2015.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

That was good!

ScotSEN likes this.
  2. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I thought the last episode was very disappointing. I'd really liked it till then.

3. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Does everyone remember the first episode?

4. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Watching on plus 1. Tom Courteney doing a masterclass.

Yes I remember the first ep. It introduced all the main characters as seperate entities so to speak, and then 'united' them all by way of the diary. (Going to have to re-watch on catch up I think. Shouldn't be on here!!)

5. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Not watched it yet so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cissy3 likes this.
  6. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Please excuse spelling mistake in previous post of mine. Tiredness is my excuse.

I failed to absorb the prog, so , yes, I definitely will have to re-watch. I can't do multi-tasking.

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

We sat and discussed the likely culprit before we started to watch the last episode ... ...

... and we were correct! :D

Really enjoyed the series and heard at the end that there is to be another series :)

8. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Tom Courtney was superb. Totally.

minnie me and HelenREMfan like this.
  9. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Perhaps my mental faculties are dimming but I have enjoyed quite a few of these police dramas in the last year or so, and found myself stumped by the final episodes. Either the one of thought 'dun it' hadn't, or I was left none the wiser. Broadchurch started this off for me!

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I think it was as we saw. The person (no spoilers for those who watch it on catch up ) who was accused did it.

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

They were very good.

12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I think it will be a new story. The two main characters are a good match in those roles.

13. aspensquiver

What has happened to Olivia Coleman - now that Nicola Walker has usurped her?

14. aspensquiver

She got on my nerves latterly. OC that is.

15. aspensquiver

I know he's s class act but "They"?!

16. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Te cast were very good.... and what a cast! Bernard Hill....and I agree re Tom Courtney - have always found him riveting to watch...... from the old black and white films of King rat, Loneliness etc, to seeing him as King Lear on stage ! Really excellent (Enjoyed Quartet too !)

17. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Helen has just posted to answer that. It's because he was King Lear.

18. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I forgot one word....I meant,they (the actors) were all good.

aspensquiver likes this.
  19. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Tom Courtenay is class. Have loved him since I first watched Billy Liar.

aspensquiver likes this.
  20. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I was very disappointed, especially with the last 15 minutes, which were entirely pointless. As the whole series was sponsored by Sainsbury's and their "with a twist" ads, I expected a "twist" in the last 15 minutes. There was none.

The writer - who had done a really good job until the last episode (except for making out that the boy doing his GCSEs could "do a retake" of an exam he missed within a couple of weeks - a bit of research you writers, please!) - gave the big reveal far too soon in the episode and left himself with nothing much to say in the end.

PS The person accused of doing it had not - apparently - done it.