1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last day tomorrow

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Dec 15, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Just 3 performances of the staff panto (I'm an ugly sister) and it's all over till 2012!

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Oh no you isnt....

3. How come you lot down south get your holidays so early? In Scotland we don't break up 'til the 22nd. When do you go back?

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I don't like breaking up so early, I'd prefer to have a couple of days next week and then go back later.
    2 years ago the last day was cancelled due to snow, I shall probably now wish for the rest of my life as a teacher for the last day of the autumn term to be a snow day.
    Wish we did a staff panto.

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We've got Monday and Tuesday next week too. I'm doing my snow dance before bed tonight. They are forecasting sleet so it's a possibility [​IMG]

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

23rd uphere!

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

23rd for one of my LAs too. But I'm unlikely to get any work next week, so for me, it's a moot point.

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Oh no you don't!

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Snow forecast for the Midlands tonight. Caretaker has been told (don't know where he gets the info from) to expect 2cm by 6am on Friday!

10. The downside to breaking up on the 16th is going back on 3rd Jan [​IMG]

11. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Could not agree more, it's far too early to be going back!

12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

That's the way I see it. The upside of breaking up of the 23rd is that we go back on the 9th.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm a bit miffed because we break up on the 22nd but go back on the 4th. I'm sure that's earlier than we used to and I'm sure we gain somewhere else but I probably won't notice it!

14. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Definitly this is the first time I have ever been in school on my birthday! (even when I war a lad!) [​IMG]

15. We break up tomorrow as well and don't go back until the 4th, but it's an inset day so the children don't return until Thursday 5th. Over two weeks to munch my new grandson.[​IMG]

16. I much prefer to break up later and have more time off after Christmas. I don't think you notice the time you have off before Christmas because it's all taken up with shopping, preparation etc. Mind you I am so shattered I don't think I could drag myself in next week.