1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

last day activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by countrybumpkin, Dec 17, 2015.

1. countrybumpkin

countrybumpkin New commenter

I'm exhausted. I've run out of ideas for the last day tomorrow. we've done free choice, dvd, colouring, wordssearches, the Xmas story etc this week.
    I'm looking for resource easy stuff that isn't too Christmasy as I have a number of children who aren't able to celebrate Christmas.

Help!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

One non-Christmassy quiz I often use at teh end of term is a game called 'Country, City, River.

You basically jusy nee a sheet of lined paper with various coumnds first column having a-z down the page.

Then other columns may include Boy's name. Girl's name, Flower, Vegetable, Country, City, River, Book title, author,Film etc- choose depending on age of children from the options. Can even add some of your own. I let them work in pairs, use any resources - books incl. Atlases. Can take quite a while. Prize for best/ most co,plete list.

if you want to score it- it's 5 points if someone else has the same asnwer and 10 points if you have one no-one else has.

Hope that helps.

3. countrybumpkin

countrybumpkin New commenter

Sounds fab. Thanks for the great idea.