1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Last bit of maternity leave

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Itsme22, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Itsme22

Itsme22 New commenter

Anyone else in the same boat as me?... I've got 2.5 months left of my maternity leave and it now looks like I won't be enjoying it in the way I want to. Looks like I'll be stuck at home for weeks/ months and not be able to go out. No wage from next month too whereas if I was back at work by now, and schools close, I'd have been off and being paid anyway so feeling abit I can't do what I want for the last bit of my leave. Decided to have longer than 9 months this time as I'm not having anymore children whereas id have benefitted from going back at 9 months x

2. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

It is absolutely rubbish I know, but loads of people are going to be in the same boat as you. If the schools close, could you offer a bit of online tutoring to keep you sane and bring some money is? I'm currently tutoring via Facetime. There are going to be lots of bored and lonely people in the coming months and we are all going to have to find ways to occupy ourselves. In a way, I think it's easier having a young baby than a rambunctious toddler who is desperate to get outside and you can't take your eyes off! Good luck xx