1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Laser cutter

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by a_fisher, Jan 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. a_fisher

a_fisher New commenter

Hello, I work at a small independent school and I don't have a laser cutter.
    Would anybody be selling one or recommend one that I could get that isn't too expensive.
    Thanks
    Andrew Fisher

2. LukeSPrescott

LukeSPrescott New commenter

Hi Andrew, which school are you from? I may be able to assist here.

3. vittychurchman

vittychurchman New commenter

HPC lasers do them really cheap (compared to others). Their after sales is not great but you get what you pay for!

4. We have a Rayjet from Trotec. Very easy to use but not the cheapest and quite small. If you get a chance go to BETTS or another education show have a look round. I would go for the biggest and most powerful one your budget can stretch but also think about proper extraction. Get some advice on the extraction side and the filters used and this may use up a chunk of your budget. Most of the tubes will last a while but again can be expensive to replace - some are air cooled and some are water cooled.

5. waynerees

waynerees New commenter

If it is not too late try Thunderlaser.co.uk, excellent reliability reasonable price and good back up