1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Large Cast Play (without music) for KS3?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by corblimeyguvnor, Jan 5, 2012.

1. corblimeyguvnor

corblimeyguvnor New commenter

Hi all,
    If anyone can make any recommendations for a large cast play (for 15-20) which is NOT a musical and would be suitable as a Junior (KS3) play, I'd be very grateful.
    In the past we've done Ernie's II, Skellig, Our Day Out...the Sr play this year was Antigone and the whole school piece is Fiddler on the Roof so ideally I want something fairly contemporary. Was thinking of Sparkleshark but there are just not enough "parts" or potential to add group scenes.
    Cheers :)

2. corblimeyguvnor

corblimeyguvnor New commenter

Hi all,
    If anyone can make any recommendations for a large cast play (for 15-20) which is NOT a musical and would be suitable as a Junior (KS3) play, I'd be very grateful.
    In the past we've done Ernie's II, Skellig, Our Day Out...the Sr play this year was Antigone and the whole school piece is Fiddler on the Roof so ideally I want something fairly contemporary. Was thinking of Sparkleshark but there are just not enough "parts" or potential to add group scenes.
    Cheers :)

3. Have a look at Paul King's brand new play "Workhouse" on my website.
    Victorian settings - contemporary themes.
    It's here (with a free sample you can download).
    More new resources added tomorrow.

4. The Gate escape, or Sweet Fa on wheellerplays.com