1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lanyards!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Hattiesmores753, Feb 11, 2020.

1. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....and breathe.

2. BetterNow

BetterNow Occasional commenter

I hate lanyards. They're no more than landfill for controlling people.

3. rosievoice

I wore my whistle and key on the same sustainably-sourced piece of string for over 20 years without anyone raising an eyebrow.

Life is too short for official lanyards.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Not quite lanyards, but associated.

TES moved from near the Tower of London to Red Lion Square some years ago. 12, 15?

When they did, I was the first person to be issued with the little plastic safety-pinned pocket in which they put the computer-generated details of your name with the three-colour TES Logo, date, time in, who visiting and barcode to check out at end of visit.

I was officially visitor no. 000001

I smuggled it out when I left (they are probably still looking for me in some dark corner as I was never checked out), and have it on display in my home office.

Pathetic, eh?

Best wishes

P.S. I am thinking of putting it on eBay. What sort of reserve price should I set?

phlogiston, nomad, caress and 6 others like this.
  5. rosievoice

Fourpence three farthings

6. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

7. TheOracleAtDelphi

TheOracleAtDelphi Established commenter

That reminds me of the time when a relatively young (mid to late 20s) teacher dressed in school uniform for Children in Need and promptly got told off for going in the staffroom by somebody who had clocked the uniform but not the face :)

8. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I've never worn a lanyard rhat covered my a**e.

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I once told off a newly minted PE teacher for walking along the staff corridor thinking she was a student taking a short cut to the gym.

Jamvic likes this.
  10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Try wearing it back to front?

nizebaby and nomad like this.
  11. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

A bit like the girl I saw today in one of those thong-style bikinis. She had sunburnt buttoks - not a good look!

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

What!

Out in Storm Dennis?

Oh hang on, you are in hot climes aren't you.

[Jealous]

13. WB

WB Occasional commenter

And the downside?

14. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Deep joy! I am doing a term's interim in a school that does not want or expect staff to wear badges or lanyards!
    Such a little, but great, thing............................and no incidents have ever been recorded. Common sense as opposed to the Nanny State.
    The last school I did a few week's supply in had different coloured lanyards for different categories of members of staff........but they ran out. So I had to have the 'wrong' coloured lanyard. So what's the point eh?

ajrowing likes this.
  15. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

At my last school, possession of a lanyard that had the key card that gave them admittance to the new SMT management building was a sign of status.

ajrowing and BelleDuJour like this.
  16. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

17. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I worked for a day in a school where I signed in at the office and was given no form of visitor identification whatsoever. No lanyard, no sticker, no flashing orange light to put on my head - nothing. Their HT was also an OFSTED inspector, so I'm not sure what was going on there.

ajrowing likes this.