1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Languages department with excellent facilities

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by BrightonEarly, Apr 20, 2011.

1. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

We are approaching a rebuilding/refurbishing phase at school. I would like to visit a languages department who are pleased with their rebuild or current suite of facilities to get ideas. Does this description fit your school? My school is in the North West.

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

I would so love to jump up and down and say "me, me, me" but:
    a) we are in the south east so no use to you
    and (more importantly)
    b) the whole school is tatty and scruffy and desperately needs updating so no use to you on that score either.

Sorry

(just wanted to let you know you weren't being ignored, really [​IMG] )

3. Hi
    I am at a Media Arts School in North West. New build 10 years ago, good facilities & rooms.
    PM / email me if you want
    gcse_french@hotmail.co.uk

4. BrightonEarly

I'm from the south east (near Chelmsford actually) but am living in the north west so would have loved excuse to visit, shame about the tatty side of things. Thanks for the reply, glad I'm not being ignored [​IMG]

5. BrightonEarly

Thanks SmellyEi, will email.

6. BrightonEarly

Does anyone have a language lab/classroom with excellent ICT facilities?

7. We don't (lucky to get into an ICT room at all and projectors in classrooms are always overheating...) but Altrincham grammar does have good ICT resources and I think they'd be classed as North West - well, they're north of us anyway!

8. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

I went on a course for MFL ICT earlier in the year to Altrincham Boys Grammar - they have some amazing facilities and I'm sure would be willing to let you look round.
    C

9. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Ooops, didn't see the post above mine - well, I echo those sentiments anyway!

10. BrightonEarly

Thanks for the heads up Cestrian and kep_27, I'll contact Altrincham directly [​IMG].