1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Language Support for Aspergers Syndrome

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by vickyrosengarten, Apr 29, 2016.

1. vickyrosengarten

vickyrosengarten New commenter

I have a high functioning Year 4 pupil in my school who is an excellent mathematician however he is really struggling with word problems as his inference skills are really delayed. He struggles with creative writing and is very literal. Can anyone recommend an intervention programme that would support his understanding of language and develop his creative skills please??
    Thanks!

2. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

This isn't a programme as such but the resources were written for children in mainstream school with impaired language skills (and a few of them had been deemed to be 'on the spectrum'): see https://languageisheartosay.com/resources/reading-for-meaning/ . They aren't in any particular order and the bookmarks at the end are useful all the time. Hope you find something helpful.

3. vickyrosengarten

vickyrosengarten New commenter

Thank you so much - this has been really useful and exactly what I was after! Much appreciated.

languageisheartosay likes this.