1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Language provision Nationally

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Sol22, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Sol22

Sol22 New commenter

Dear Joe

I am looking at Language provision for September, number of lessons a week and possible qualifications for top sets at the end of Year 8. Our children leave us in Year 8.
    In order to make my research more effective and find a whole picture that fits with continuity in and out of our school I need to see what provision other schools have locally and nationally.

Does anyone know of any website where I can find this information?
    I feel French needs to stay but not dominate. We offer Spanish and Latin and also extracurricular languages like Italian, German, Mandarin and Russian.
    How many lessons a week do you offer in your school a week and what length for yr3-8? What qualifications do you offer at the end of Year 8?
    French is a tradition rather than an option and both parents and children want to continue as they feel they have to. What can we do to stop this trend? any suggestions?
    Japanese- Is that an option for dislexia? Japanese and Spanish?
    Lots of questions! I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

2. dalej

dalej New commenter

3. Sol22

Sol22 New commenter

Thanks Joe! I will do, definetely!