1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Language assistants/learning support assistants

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by l_p_a, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Having had some very mixed experieces with our foreign language assistants we have decided to try something different next year. The plan is to create 2 new support roles, one each for French and Spanish which would involve some learning assistant work within classrooms, support for GCSE and A level students with speaking exams and technical support with things such as downloading / uploading materials, controlled assessment admin, data analysis. I'm hoping that the role will suit a languages graduate who wants to work part-time or someone who is tempting by teaching and wants to see if the job suits.
    I was wondering if any of you have any experience of such a role in your department. Before I have to draw up the job description I'd be grateful for any advice or observations.

2. Im a language teacher who has just been made redundant. I have two very young children and that is EXACTLY the kind of job I'd go for right now -Where are you?!

3. West Berkshire /Reading border