1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Laminating certificates

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cys2017, Jun 13, 2018.

?

Have you laminated your certificates?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2018.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

Hi everyone.

Would you say it’s a good idea to laminate cpd certificates from safeguarding training etc?Bits like one that gets emailed and you have to print it I haven’t printed any of my academic ones as they seem to have better quality paper and fancy stuff like a hologram etc. But the paper ones will look not as important or probably get ruined...

2. varcolac

varcolac Occasional commenter

Put them in a folder.

Put the folder in a drawer.

Open drawer and folder as necessary (which is very rarely).

cys2017, border_walker and bonxie like this.
  3. cys2017

Have you got any tips on organising certificates like would you keep the cpd ones separate to the academic ones etc or would you say it’s better to put them in date order?

4. gogogulliver

gogogulliver New commenter

I keep mine in a presentation folder... one of those folders that's basically lots of nice quality plastic wallets bound together. Everything is all in one place, then. I do mine by date order for 'academic' qualifications and subject order for the rest, going L1, L2 etc...

I wouldn't bother laminating them permanently.

ViolaClef and cys2017 like this.
  5. varcolac

It's really not that important. The journey to find my folder looks like this:

Open desk drawer.
    Dislodge other papers.
    Wonder why I have a pair of half-broken headphones in there.
    Dig down to the bottom of the drawer.
    Open folder.
    MA
    BA
    PGCE
    Misc NQT things
    Misc
    Stuff
    Things
    Oh hey I did a first aid thing once
    Random conference nonsense
    Hahaha remember that Prevent training? Wow I can spot terrorists now.

cys2017 likes this.
  6. Futureleader

Futureleader Occasional commenter

Did you get a certificate for prevent? I have done it both as a governor and as a teacher and I do not remember a certificate for either? No bother I read that you can get degree certificates etc from ebay and various sites on the net. I'll have to see if there is a site selling prevent certificates!

cys2017 likes this.
  7. varcolac

Er we did some online quiz and it created a pdf or something. Not entirely sure. Haven't looked in the folder for a long time.

cys2017 likes this.
  8. cys2017

Wow lol I have my placement experience reflections for my undergraduate degree with my certificates. Think I’ll move my pgce stuff into that folder instead of the certificates and then put them in date order or something in a separate folder .

What conference stuff did u keep?

9. cys2017

There is a website called futurelearn you can pay for certificates on there they literally cover so many areas and their certificates look so pretty!!! I haven’t done one from them yet just seen pics of it on their site but am planning to .

10. cys2017

Yeah I’m going to put it in date order too as every time I come to show mine it always takes forever to find them because they’re all jumbled up.

Would you say that I should bin my really old ones for cpd or is it still worth keeping them? How long after cpd should you bin them? Or do you just keep them all?

11. Futureleader

Futureleader Occasional commenter

I like laminating. Sometimes I do it for therapy. When I was in a school where I was having a tough time I made so many laminated resources. There is something nice about the heat from the machine and the glossy shine from the plastic. Even the students poorest quality poster somehow look better when laminated.

I would laminate everything that you can.

cys2017 and blueskydreaming like this.