1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Laminated QTS Certificates

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by lucygreig87, Aug 1, 2016.

1. lucygreig87

lucygreig87 New commenter

Hi All,

Just a quick one... My Teaching Certificates have all been laminated due to some water damage of other things I had, so I decided to protect my certificates in case of any other incidents! I am in the process of registering with an agency so I can return to teaching after a short break but I'm worried that when I need to show my certificates they will not accept them due to them being laminated. The official seals are not raised on the certificates themselves other wise I wouldn't have laminated them and they are still perfectly visible now they are laminated. I know my TRN can be checked online to ensure I am registered with the TA but I just wondered if anyone has experienced this and if it was even an issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Lu

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Don't worry - agencies couldn't tell a real certificate from a fake one anyway - they only ask to see them to cover their backs, and they have a legal duty to check your identity, plus as you say they can check your teacher reference number. As long as they can take a clear photocopy it'll be fine.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

It is all now checked online on the Employer Access so as long as your information is up to date on there then all should be fine- you can use the teacher self service portal to check your record yourself.