1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ladies who lunch (and men too)

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by ljr, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ljr

ljr New commenter

I was able to have lunch with my daughter in law and new grandson - on a Tuesday - in term time - fantastic!

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Today it was Yorkshire Sculpture Park near Wakefield. it was marvellous. There is some wonderful stuff there, the cafe is great - we sat on the terrace in the sun - and the park is really beautiful. Did anyone go to Bretton Hall because that's where it is.
    http://www.artfund.org/artwork/9841/the-deer-shelter
    Wonderful!

3. This one is is on my list Lindenlea- just been invited to London again on Saturday by the previous bunch of retirees from my old school- Wallace Collection and lunch. Am wondering why they chose a Saturday...

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Mmm - never done that one - looks lovely.

5. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

ooooh I'm loving this thread. It might just keep me going until that glorious day when......
    I hadn't thought about the 'luncheon club' idea but am now creating a list.
    (only problem so far is my frends will still be teaching and I don't know anyone to share Salford/Yorkshire/ etc etc with.)

6. Joined another set of ex colleagues who all retired 2 years ago except one who is a co-opted temp head (mad woman with too few years for decent pension yet) - hilarious being led round The Wallace collection by the bossiest one...school trip..[​IMG].
    Best thing was i discovered that behind Selfrdiges in London lies James street -posh shops BUT lots of restaurants offering a 2 course lunch for £9.95 this is a bargain for London- included Morrocan, Algerian, French panake house and a branch of Carluccios where we went. Still feeling stuffed but OH is wanting his tea having spent day digging over potato patch (and no I do not feel guilty!)