1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ladies - what would do if men had a 9pm curfew?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emerald52, Oct 1, 2018.

1. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Many tweets about this topic. I would go out in the evenings to a town centre and not worry about walking on my own. Sorry title should say ‘what would you do.’

frangipani123 likes this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

vinnie24 and nomad like this.
  3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

If men had a 9 pm curfew,it would make it a bit difficult for me to go out in the evening with my husband!

4. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

I would be quite angry! (And I'm female)

5. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

I guess that other poster, who's boyfriend 50 miles away boogered off to Wales because she was presshring him, would be overjoyed.

ilovesooty and emerald52 like this.
  6. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

That's both "burger" and "booger" used on the same day, and they're both fine substitutes. I'm torn as to which one to use.

Maybe "burger" for the noun, and "booger" for the verb. Yes, that's it I think.

Alternatively I could post this problem in Workplace Dilemmas, but there might be accusations of dumbing-down.

7. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

If the concept of the threat of being aggressed by males is only relevant after 9pm, I'd see it as pointless,since I have twice been mugged (by a male) and that was once at about 7 in the morning and another time at about 5 in the afternoon.
    So the curfew would need to be all day and every day to make sense, but obviously that is not fair, so how about instead, we make all women extra wary and worried about being outside in isolated spots and crowded places at any time of the day.
    Then it's fair for everybody!

8. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

I just read that one. Sheesh. I think he escaped.

To be fair, I’m rarely out after 9pm in this country. Europe, sure, but not this country. How do you get home by taxi after 9pm if men can’t drive them? :)

9. EmanuelShadrack

She wasn't hassling/presshring him - he went there to visit the cathedrals.

10. EmanuelShadrack

You've lit the touch-paper now...

Moony likes this.
  11. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Women could drive them?

12. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

When the Yorkshire Ripper was about women (ie the potential victims) were advised not to go out at night whereas men (one of whom actually was the murderer) could go out freely.

lrw22, yodaami2, ilovesooty and 2 others like this.
  13. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Yes.
    Like I said, it's easier that way.
    Fair.

14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

If they'd brought that in a month ago I wouldn't have had to waste my time on jury service.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  15. EmanuelShadrack

Quick question: when would the curfew end? It reminds me of the Gremlins situation - don't feed them after midnight. When does "after midnight" finish? Sunrise?

There's going to be lots of jobs being done by women.

anotherauntsally, nomad and emerald52 like this.
  16. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Aye, but if all these hundreds of thousands of Uber and black cabs are being driven by women they will be mightily upset that at long last there’s no men after 9pm and they can’t enjoy it because they are out there driving cabs. You’d be well disappointed wouldn’t you?

Are the lads allowed to hang out together at home? -Footie, beer, pizza delivery (delivered by ladies of course) etc? Might not be a terrible idea this.

woollani and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  17. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Me? Out at 9 pm? I'm retiring to my room at that time!

InkyP, nomad, emerald52 and 2 others like this.
  18. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

If I'm outside of the house after 4.30 p.m. it troubles me. Twice a year I have dentist check ups and I fit them in after work so, on two occasions I'm out until as late as 5.30 p.m.

Consequently, I'm very stressed by the experience of not adhering to my routine.

emerald52 and grumpydogwoman like this.
  19. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Perhaps there could be exceptions to the curfew. Men could be allowed out in public only if accompanied by a female family member. They should also be dress at all times in flowing, floor length robes, with face covered, so that their body contours are not on display. Women would then not have lascivious thoughts at the sight of the male body.
    men would need female permission for most aspects of their lives. They would not be able to own property, drive or take most types of employment. Only make doctors and nurses could attend to them. As those would be in short supply, they would be lucky to get treatment when seriously ill.
    they manage that sort of regime in several places in the world and it's apparently good for the women being 'protected'.

20. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

@jubilee

That's the most compelling and sensible thing I think I've read on these pages for a very long time!

JosieWhitehead and emerald52 like this.