1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ladies - what kind of pants do you wear?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Are you a thong girl? Great big Sloggis? NIce baggy grey holey ones? I was just watching a bit of Gok and I know I should wear matching sets but I don't. I sometimes buy them but the lacey pants languish in the drawer.

2. Are you a thong girl? Great big Sloggis? NIce baggy grey holey ones? I was just watching a bit of Gok and I know I should wear matching sets but I don't. I sometimes buy them but the lacey pants languish in the drawer.

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Did you see Queen Victoria's old knicks went for thousands this week. Hold on to them girls!

4. aw27

aw27 New commenter

'shorts' - theyre just giant pants with a better name. If they match it's a happy accident....

5. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

My favourites are M&S No VPL pants. They're the comfiest knickers ever! I also have matching lacy sets languishing in the drawers that I never wear. I find fancy, lacy bras unbearably itchy!!

6. I do quite a bit of cycling. Recently we went out for a very long day ride, and were accompanied on the day by 3 ladies, which was nice. We covered over 100 miles, and then retired to the pub for a bite and a refresh. One of the ladies had worn lacy pants, despite being warned by her friends to wear either no pants or 'no frills' pants. I didn't see the damage 'down there' personally, but by all acoounts it was chaffing central in her shorts[​IMG]
    To even the balance, I'm a boxers man. Get a bit of air circulating down there.

7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

For day to day I wear M&S cotton briefs. I do buy the odd matching set but it's an expensive game!

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

M&S cotton mini shorts.

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'm afraid I'm a matching set girl. Cannot wear bra and knicks that do not match. I have loads of beautiful matching sets but for everyday I'm a little more relaxed in that it's the colour that has to match.
    This caused me issues on my recent foreign jaunt during half term. I travelled in matching white smalls, as I was wearing a light coloured top, but had packed black smalls for my stay.
    Imaging my horror to find I had 6 pairs of black knickers, but no black bra! No way could I go out in white bra and black knicks (hadn't packed any white ones) so had to make the choice between going bra-less or going commando!
    Luckily my boobies have thus far defied the laws of gravity (which is something of a miracle, being on the ample side!) do I went bra less.
    The next day I went to the shops to buy a black bra, but sadly where I was all women have teeny-**** the size of jelly tots so I couldn't find anything to contain my Es [​IMG]
    Next I looked for some white knickers, but the choice was either something that could be mistaken for a sling shot or eye patch it was so minuscule or large enough to house a family of refugees!
    So, my holibob continued bra-less!

10. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

M/S cotton full-briefs.
    They're practical, comfy and have no scratchy lace trimming.

11. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

My bras and knickers match.....baggy and a sort of sludgy off-white colour! I think I have some socks to match them too!

Actually I don't care much about the colour - the softness/ non-scratchiness is more important.
    Around the house I go bra-less. I haqve managed to get a bra that fits - but only wear it outside the house. It is so darned uncomfortable to wear constantly. If I had the cash, I'd have a couple of pure cotton non-wired bras made-to-measure.

12. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Bethannie, would these be any good for you? They look very comfortable
    http://www.decentexposures.com/bra.shtml
    (sorry, I don't know how to make a link)

13. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

joli2 - thanyou! They look really comfy!..and some styles go up to a 54 with big cup sizes (which I need!) ...it's a Canadian site by the looks of it..I'll have to see if there is a UK stockist...if not I may order one anyway to try!

14. joli2

joli2 New commenter

ah, sorry, I didn't notice they weren't uk based. I saw somethig similar on a shopping chanel when I was flicking through channels, but can't remember which one. At least they do deliver internationally and I see you can add your own requests (maybe for non-scratchy edges/no labels?)

15. joli2

joli2 New commenter

In reply to the OP - anything comfortable that fits without digging in or riding up (not that easy to find)

16. My underwear almost always matches but that's only because most of my bras and pants are plain black. I do have the odd fancy pair but they only come out for special occasions

17. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Having recently bought some of these I have to agree!
    Usually colour match.

18. I bought three no VPL for a tenner from M&S and I think I might have got "short" by mistake. Is the back of them supposed to ride up yer crack? Really uncomfortable.
    We had this conversation in the staffroom some years ago and I was a bit aghast to discover I was the only one who hadn't given the matter of matching undies (outside of a very special occasion or when they might get errr..... seen) a thought. Apart from anything else, sometimes I wear a light-coloured top and dark trousers. I don't wear that godawful "flesh" colour or surgical-appliance pink on general principle, so it has to be a white bra and black knickers.
    I have got matching sets but whereas one bra lasts me three days, one pair of knickers lasts me once. When your jugs are as knackered as mine, you need your bra to maintain full stretchability. I find that I replace bras regularly and am left with knickers that then don't match anything.

19. Son's black cotton Y-fronts - he went over to boxers about 5 years ago and I still have about about a dozen pairs of his old underpants. They refuse to wear out.

20. Bonds or Gilly Hicks - though they do tend to lose their shape quicker.
    I swear by Bonds for every day and sports wear. G Strings, bikini shape, boy leg short ones all of them.
    I hav just purchased some M&S cotton ones that have a tiny bit of lace around the top. They are perfectly comfty yet make me feel like I have made slightly more of an effort!
    ALWAYS skin coloured underwear if you are wearing white or very sheer/transparent lighter colours. When are women going to realise that white underwear under white clothes is just as obvious as wearing black or red?