1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of transparency in adverts

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by synetos, Feb 17, 2020.

1. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

dont fancy being a glorified nanny though o_O

2. 2393ka

2393ka New commenter

What are the jobs like there?

How much do these jobs pay?

3. twisty08

twisty08 New commenter

There is often an army of nannies involved, but their salaries are not as high as tutors. A good nanny (or "Manny") can earn £150k. They use different agencies for recruitment, but I could give you more details if you're interested in a pay rise?

Assuming you're a qualified teacher it would make more sense to become a tutor as you could triple your salary.

Recent experience with A-Level and GCSE is usually preferred as most elite families are looking for a rigorous curriculum. IB is less desired but I'm sure it's not a deal-breaker.

4. 2393ka

2393ka New commenter

I would be interested in more information if that's ok.

Could you start a conversation as I cant.

Or you could message here

5. 4019775

4019775 New commenter

By his own admission Dumbells could not cut it as a teacher in the UK or Spain but has found his level in Africa. If Search will accept Dumbells is it really the sort of agency a good teacher would want to be involved with?

6. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

Still trolling i see @4019775 .... still bitter about not being able to get a job in a seriously low level school in Nigeria? My career is going great, you on the otherhand seem to be very unhappy with yours.

Such a shame;)

7. HeroForTheDay

HeroForTheDay Occasional commenter

Doesn't that mean you need to be proficient in pretty much all the major subjects though... Maths, English,Science plus the other electives such as business, econs, add math etc? When I looked abit into it I didn't bother going forward with anything because I can barely count as it is and most adverts required IG Math/Add Math

8. PuertaDelVino

PuertaDelVino New commenter

@dumbbells66 he must be a little bit like Goldfinger as he loves only gold. There's plenty of gold in Angola LOL.