1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of symptoms :/

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Panegyric, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Hi Dolly,
    I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage: although I haven't been through that I didn't want to read and run. It's possible that experiencing that might be colouring your view of things now- worrying, not wanting to get too excited, etc. FWIW, the fact that I was pregnant completely passed me by for months- I didn't realise that I was until ridiculously late in the day. I am sure to a lot of people that sounds bonkers but it is further evidence for the idea of every pregnancy being different.
    It might be worth talking to a professional though: I have found them really helpful and keen to put my mind at rest. I know what it's like sitting at home an worrying yourself over something.
    Best of luck and I really hope everything goes well for you! [​IMG]

Pan x

2. Thank you so much for that :)
    I'm feeling a bit peaky this afternoon so I'm hoping that's a good sign!
    I won't be able to speak to the midwife until next weds because there's a locum at the moment which is disappointing..... the receptionist was lovely though. She said she's had six pregnancies and no symptoms in any of them!
    It amazes me how some people are saying they've had scans at 4 weeks on the forum! Is it just my PCT who take forever in getting the ball on maternity care rolling?! Seems I can't do anything without the initial booking in appointment. grrrrr

3. Hi DD,
    I had a missed miscarriage this time last year so I know exactly how you feel. I was so ill for the 13 weeks of that pregnancy, I didn't have any bleeding either and to find out at the scan that the baby hadn't developed was devastating. When I fell pregnant in November last year I was so frightened. I didn't 'feel' pregnant and I didn't think it was a good sign; even worse knowing that doing a pregnancy test doesn't confirm a developing pregnancy. Any time I 'lost' symptoms I'd panic and over Christmas I had a good old cry because I really didn't feel pregnant anymore and was so worried but I knew there was nothing I could do. When my 12 week scan came I cried, part of me didn't want to know and just pretend everything was ok, the other part of me just wanted to know so that I could just move on; pregnant or not.
    I am now 25 weeks pregnant! Thankfully it's been rather a good pregnancy and I hope it continues to be trouble free.
    I wish you all the best of luck with your pregnancy and I hope you have good news at your scan. Let us know how you get on and if you need anyone to talk to feel free to message me.
    Good luck, best wishes and lots of sticky baby dust.
    Gemx

4. Hurrah for feeling a bit rough! (You know what I mean...)
    It's frustrating that there are delays- normally waiting a while for an appointment when you're not pregnant isn't too annoying but with stuff like this I've found myself thinking "Don't they understand how much my brain is racing? I don't know how I am meant to get through the next 24 hours let alone a week, grr grr grr!" Hopefully you'll keep noticing little things every day that will, if not put your mind wholly at ease, at least give you something to "go on" :)
    I think procedure for scan booking varies a lot sue to geography, from what I've heard. I was so late that I got a scan within a couple of days of the BFP because they had to rush through the muppet who had pretty much reached the end of the 2nd trimester in blissful ignorance!
    I hope you can start to enjoy things a bit!