1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lack of information for interview lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Georgia99, May 20, 2011.

1. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

As the title suggests. I have been given the title and time for the session and that is it. I have no idea of the year group, number that will be in the class or ability levels. And on top of that it states that no whiteboard or ict facilities are available!
    My last 2 interviews gave me approx student numbers, year group and abilities.
    Are there some schools that give this little information to candidates? I have phoned the school but they said they have no other details about the participating students at present and the plan should be generic to suit any age group or ability!

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I have never been given abilities but I would expect to know the year group! I would expect numbers to be 30 unless specified.

3. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

When is your interview? I'd try ringing again nearer the time, maybe the day before!
    What is the title? I'd go along a similar line for the lesson sticking to the theme but organise different differentiation so for FS1/2, Year1/2, Year 3/4 and Year 5/6 maybe and then you can adapt to suit the class when you arrive.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yeps I'd ring and ask as well.

5. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

Thanks for the advice. I phoned today and interview is Tuesday but maybe will call again Monday to see if they have any further information for me!
    It is secondary which makes it difficult if I don't know the year group. Thanks again.

6. The least you could expect is to know the year group!!! Be pretty impossible otherwise!
    Best of luck :D