1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of facilities and resources.

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by Beejones, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Does anyone know what our rights are to resources and facilities so that we can do our work.
    I've been placed along with three other teachers in a "resource centre" without any resources(spare room attached to a Primary School) - we have no access to the internet, we can not access a printer and we have been told not to use the photocopier.
    How are we supposed to do our work, and produce materials for our pupils?
    Can we claim back for printer ink, books etc. that we purchase ourselves.

Anyone with any suggestions, please help!!!!

2. Does anyone know what our rights are to resources and facilities so that we can do our work.
    I've been placed along with three other teachers in a "resource centre" without any resources(spare room attached to a Primary School) - we have no access to the internet, we can not access a printer and we have been told not to use the photocopier.
    How are we supposed to do our work, and produce materials for our pupils?
    Can we claim back for printer ink, books etc. that we purchase ourselves.

Anyone with any suggestions, please help!!!!

3. What ever you do do not start spending your own money on printing and photocopying resources. I'm guessing you've been placed in the centre by your LEA, contact them or your line manager there and ask for a printer, paper access to the Internet, a photocopier along with any other resources including paper that you require and the school won't provide. Somewhere there will be a pot of money available just a question of finding out who had the purse strings.