1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

labyrinthitis

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by vikingmaid, Apr 13, 2011.

1. I have seen GP for dizziness which he says is labyrinthitis. I have tablets to stop the intermittent motion and dizziness, these have helped but it comes and goes, getting to nearly 6 weeks. Has anyone had this and if so how long did it last.

2. Unfortuatly mine has lasted 10 years on and off.
    When I first got it I couldn't stand up or move my head for about a week without being sick.I think it lasted a long while, it's not a very good thing to have when working with small children.
    I went back to work after about 4 weeks but felt ill.I now get it now and then every year or so and it lasts for about 4 days.

3. Jammy-Dodger

Jammy-Dodger New commenter

I had it once and it was so annoying! I kept thinking I was better, getting out of bed and falling straight over again. I think it took me about a month in total to get rid of it, but I've heard of it taking a couple of months, especially if you fight it and try to keep going.
    Hope you feel better soon.

4. Maybe that's whereIi've gone wrong! Although I haven't been sick, I've noticed lights at work and using the computer don't help. Also have not taken time off as sole in charge of a large A l thought it was going and then today it has been. My ears feel bunged and have a dizzy/woozy head. I thought I was on the mend[​IMG]

5. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Established commenter

I've got post-viral labyrinthitis at the moment - doc reckoned about 6 weeks. I think I've got a pretty mild version of it as it hasn't slowed me down. You have my sympathy!

6. http://www.dizzytimes.com/

This is an amazing forum. Inspirational members and a great help to me when I was coming to terms with my labs.