1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

laboratory handbooks

Discussion in 'Science' started by FleurR, Jan 5, 2011.

1. FleurR

FleurR New commenter

Hi

Can anyone out there suggest some good, simple books for a new lab tech, or someone who is unfamiliar with the basics? I need something with making up solutions, safety etc. Cheers

2. FleurR

FleurR New commenter

Hi

Can anyone out there suggest some good, simple books for a new lab tech, or someone who is unfamiliar with the basics? I need something with making up solutions, safety etc. Cheers

3. MarkS

MarkS New commenter

Hi there!
    I would suggest the CLEAPPS documentation. My school has recently received the latest CD-ROM containing hazcards etc. They produce a document called 'The CLEAPPS Recipe Book' (I think) which contains instructions for everything from the most basic (simple dilutions) up to chemistry I won't pretend to understand (I'm a physicist!)
    Your senior technician (assuming thats not you) should be able to show you where to find it all.
    Good luck in your new job!
    Mark