1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

La Haine

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by bergh, Sep 7, 2007.

1. bergh

bergh New commenter

I am a French teacher using this film for a piece of coursework. My students are really struggling on how to approach it/analyse it /discuss the key points in English(yet alone put it into French!)I would really appreciate if anyone has any notes/resources or knows of anyone /where i could get some help. I am pulling my hair out as to how to help them- they have not even chosen their titles yet! Thanx in advance
    bergh

2. bergh

bergh New commenter

I am a French teacher using this film for a piece of coursework. My students are really struggling on how to approach it/analyse it /discuss the key points in English(yet alone put it into French!)I would really appreciate if anyone has any notes/resources or knows of anyone /where i could get some help. I am pulling my hair out as to how to help them- they have not even chosen their titles yet! Thanx in advance
    bergh

3. Hello
    Try this link - it links to the BFI

https://secure.bfi.org.uk/education/teaching/witm/recommended/lahaine.html#

might be of help

4. hi - there used to be a book available - a deconstruction of the film, marketing and related politics (York notes?)

Sight and Sound magazine (1995) did an excellent feature on La Haine (I still have it if it's any use)

If you would like any notes etc let me know: pawelpaul@hotmail.co.uk

5. bergh

bergh New commenter

thanks multitasker-I have emailed you as I'd really appreciate your notes.
    bergh

6. yes please. Iwould be grateful for anything you have on this film. Thaks in advance

7. e-mail me at spudmoran@hotmail.com. my students have been have been studying for the IB film course, I have notes etc on placing the text in its social context.

8. <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">I appreciate that this feed was started a long time ago - but I thought it may be worth a shot!
    I will be teaching la haine for the first time in September and have started with my own SOW and wondered if anyone on this feed had a SOW which I could possibly refer to?
    I would me most grateful for any help you could provide!

My email is gareth_phylip_jones@hotmail.com
    </td></tr></table>

9. Hello all,

We have both English and French study guides on this film available to download through our site:
    http://www.filmeducation.org/resources/film_library/getfilm.php?film=1149
    Hope these resources prove useful. While you're there why not have a browse in the film library, or search for French language, to see what else we have?
    Oh, and bookings for free school cinema screenings in natioanl Schools FIlm Week are now
    Best wishes

Fim Education team