1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kyrenia?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by TheoGriff, Mar 28, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Don't know which school has advertised, but do check them out. One was set up some 10 or so years ago, perhaps more, by the local estate agent. He sold you a house and put your kid in his school.
    The new one that opened just a couple of years ago has started from scratch in purpose-built accommodation on the Bellapais road that will make you drool.
    Kyrenia itself is, as others have said, like Spain before mass tourism. People are friendly and helpful, there are potholes in streets and a bit of a manana tendancy, the whole place seems very safe, children are adored and well behaved.
    And the rest of the (northern part) of the island is very picturesque.
    Most surprising of all for me - no graffiti anywhere.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

2. ANGIE491

ANGIE491 New commenter

Thanks for the replies. Do you think its possible to save on 25000 for a single person who doesn't eat out a lot but would need to run a car and pay accomodation?

3. Hi, I have sent you a message. Email me and I can answer the questions you have about working and living here. Thanks

4. Hi, Did you apply for the job in Kyrenia in the end?