1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kuwait - beware

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by alannotrealname, Aug 8, 2020.

1. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

There are three of them now!

2. SPC2

SPC2 Occasional commenter

I liked him. Until now I assumed the weighty one hadn't been posting because he was on holiday somewhere un-locked down and/or was busy counting his cash.

Whether you like someone or not, bizarre to think they could have been blackmailed into silence. Even more bizarre to do that and think it an achievement. Strange times.

3. motorhomer

motorhomer New commenter

But I always thought that you & @4019775 were the same person?

4. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

No, quite distinct personalities, though equally lovable.

5. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

No, they're exactly the same person

motorhomer likes this.
  6. Mainwaring

That's interesting. I tried several times to engage the numbered version in debate when he was being silly but he clearly wasn't up to the challenge. Then the swimp version came raging in with various puerile insults and pressed the report button when I responded. This now makes sense in the context of his successfully blackmailing Dumbells off the forum and his threat to do the same to me.

7. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

How do you blackmail someone off the forum? - asking for a friend

8. Bentley51

Bentley51 Occasional commenter

I am genuinely intrigued as to how this can happen too... Surely you just ignore idiots or tell them where to get off?

9. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

4019775 / swsimp160 messaged DB threatening to send their principal copies of forum posts they'd made unless they stopped posting on TES.

From my understanding (and their post history) they are unable to get a job on the international circuit and so spend their time here slamming it on here. They apparently became incensed with jealously with DB frequently mentioning his salary and so chose to silence him

Bentley51 and motorhomer like this.
  10. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

"4019775 / swsimp160 messaged DB threatening to send their principal copies of forum posts they'd made unless they stopped posting on TES."

That has to be breach of the terms of usage - why are they allowed to continue posting?

Threaten to send copies of my posts to my boss if you want - I've said far worse to their face than I've ever posted on here

Bentley51 likes this.
  11. Mainwaring

I recall that when SMT Dude returned to the UK he was asked by his new employers not to continue posting on the forum. This even though he had not posted critically of his previous school. Like BFG I'm puzzled as to why the moderators let 4019775 / swsimp160 get away with his sleazy antics.

Bentley51 likes this.
  12. motorhomer

motorhomer New commenter

Yep, they are definitely the same person. My earlier question was a rhetorical one.

13. Bentley51

Bentley51 Occasional commenter

Wow, what a sad, pathetic little life he must lead...