1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KUW observations

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by giggles_88, Jan 26, 2012.

1. I've been sorting though my learning journeys and have noticed KUW has less observations than any other area. Just wondering what kind of observations you have in this area and any ideas of continuous provision activities I can set up for more KUW opportunities.
    Thanks

2. Watmore

Watmore New commenter

We have a coppice and have done lots of work around animal habitats through Percy and the PArk. We have in intereactive display in the classroom and have put seeds, dissected a flower and had a go at labelling. We planted bulbs abd talked about what they needed to grow. x

3. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

Exploring different textures is always an easy one; instead of sand or water have different stuff like- cooked or uncooked pasta, cornflour gloop, uncooked rice, shaving foam, natural/artificial things. If you search the resources section for tuff spot activities there's a really good Word doc that shows different ideas, questions to ask, what to observe etc.