1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KUOW/investigation area

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by annie-rose, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Hi all, I'd love some new ideas and suggestions to stock our new KUOW area. We've got storage for interest collections / natural materials and a display countertop but the cupboard underneath is bare! We really need tools and equipment the children might want to use when investigating. Other than bug boxes and some hand lenses we have no resources. So what would you suggest we get? What do your children use well? Thanks.

2. Hi all, I'd love some new ideas and suggestions to stock our new KUOW area. We've got storage for interest collections / natural materials and a display countertop but the cupboard underneath is bare! We really need tools and equipment the children might want to use when investigating. Other than bug boxes and some hand lenses we have no resources. So what would you suggest we get? What do your children use well? Thanks.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Prism viewers
    magnets
    colour paddles
    discovery bottles and gloves
    droppers
    basters

4. thanks - what's in a discovery bottle?

5. Msz

6. The discovery bottles look fantastic!!! THanks for the links Msz :) Going to have a go at making some now!!

7. Msz

8. Love the idea of the discovery bottles! Does anyone know any other way to seal them, other than a hot glue gun?

Not sure where I would find a glue gun but would love to make some of the bottles!

Rachael

9. I presume 'super glue' would do it