1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS5 Courses?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by legins, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Anyone got any recomendations for a course that is 'easier' than an A Level but has league table points and UCAS points?
    Just been told that the students who have chosen to do 'A Level' ICT next year are less able than usual.

2. Anyone got any recomendations for a course that is 'easier' than an A Level but has league table points and UCAS points?
    Just been told that the students who have chosen to do 'A Level' ICT next year are less able than usual.

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

See I just don't get this, I am not some sort of super teacher but my kids come in with predictions of C/D and they are going to walk away with better than that. Less able kids can handle this WJEC spec, the coursework is a gift it just takes constant monitoring, and the exams are straightforward enough if you play the game correctly. It just seems daft to switch from a course that you are familiar with to jump into a new one just because you think the kids are going to be less able. It will take you time to get your head around any new spec, Lord knows it's taken me 3 years to solve the WJEC issues.