1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS4 Threshold - what subjects are included and their values?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by rgriffiths68, May 29, 2013.

1. I am trying to work out exactly which courses will be included/count towards our RAISE report for our current year 10 being examined in 2014. I have heard somewhere that were a student taking more than 2 vocational subjects only the best 2 results will be considered. I have searched and searched for information to confirm this but I can't find anything.

I have also heard that the equivalence of vocational subjects will be 1 GCSE for those of a previous equivalence of 2 or more (for example the BTEC First certificate/ex cert), and not included at all if previously worth 1 (eg the BTEC First Award).

If anyone can point me in the right direction to figure this out I would be very grateful.

Note: I have been studying this document via the RAISE website which suggests that vocational subjects might hold a greater value than the equivalence of only 1 GCSE, although I may be mistaken. https://www.raiseonline.org/OpenDocument.aspx?document=205