1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS4 textbooks

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by lucyrs27, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hi all, looking to purchase some textbooks for KS4 (which is effectively year 9-11 for us). I like the Collin sbig blue books (GSCE Maths 2-tier) but they are out of print and looks like they're pretty difficult to get hold of. Anyone know a) where I can get some or b) if there's anything equally good out there? My stipulations would be preferably all in one book (unlike their replacements) and useful to have graded questions and worked exam examples. Thanks in advance :)

2. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

Ignore the free-thinkers and the rebel alliance out there, and sign up to the evil empire of Pearson. Their GCSE books are very good, and we actually just use the 'Student books' i.e. homework books as the questions are brilliant, but we don't need the explanations in the big fat one, we can explain it ourselves!

3. What makes them evil? :)