1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS4 Health and Social Care Resources

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by helsbels14, Jan 16, 2009.

1. helsbels14

helsbels14 New commenter

Can anyone help? I received a flyer the other day about a company which sell DVDs for health and social care. I read it then threw it away as i was told we didn't have the money. Now I've been told that there is lots of money in the budget and i can spend spend spend. The only problem i now face is i can't remember the name of the company.

The information came addressed to the head of healh and social care and was a pale yellow booklet with red writing, i remember there being about 10 different titles to choose from and they were about £50 each.

Can anyone help??

2. Hi,
    Was it from something called The Comedy Store (or similar)? I was in the same position recently and bought 2 DVDs: one on care values and the other on communication and I don't rate them at all. If I had known this, I would have spent the money on different DVDs like The Baby Borrowers or Child of Our Time some such - would be much more useful!

3. Youthhealthtalk

Youthhealthtalk New commenter

Hi helsbels14,
    this is probably too late as you posted this over 2 yrs ago but just wanted to say to anyone who reads this that we have lots of videos that could help students of health and social care. Our websites www.youthhealthtalk.org and www.healthtalkonline.org have lots of videos of people talking about their experiences of a wide range of health conditions, mental health issues and life in general. The interviews are all conducted by Oxford Uni researchers. The websites are free to access but if you would like receive any of the film clips on dvd then we can offer that on a cost recovery basis. Get in touch if you would like to know more.