1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS4 Grade descriptors / marking

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by KW3160, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Does anyone know or have any advice on how to provide 'next steps' marking for KS4 Languages?
    "next steps" - we have been told to make sure that if OFSTED come and look through our students' books there is clear evidence of providing ''the next steps'' how can they make this/achieve the next grade ?
    Language colleagues and I are struggling to see how we can implement this ''easily'' when doing exercises such as listening or reading, esp. when they are topic specific or a one off. Surely it is part of the bigger picture?
    Is there a grade by grade description for each of the skills, as there is for KS3?
    As an NQT I would welcome any advice or feedback on this topic :)
    Many thanks!

2. Teafrog79

Teafrog79 New commenter

I am wondering whether they were made in house before I started at the school. I am not sure where the electronic copy but if you send me your school address, I'll post them.