1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS4 - 1 Period a week for 1 Year - IT Course?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by baconandegg, May 11, 2012.

1. Advice needed!

I'm a HOD and am new to the school. Currently KS4 students opt in to a subject rotation for 1 period a week. They can chose 2 from Citizenship/RS/ICT and complete a short course from Sept - May HT in Yr 10, and May to May Yr 11. The powers that be have stopped the rotation - so May 2012 to May 2013 will be the final rotation. Lessons take place on a Friday afternoon, mixed ability students who have varying degrees of productivity.
    Traditionally IT ran OCR Nationals. When it change to 3 units there was not enough time, so the present cohort have done Functional Skills. This does not count towards the school results so I can't do FS any more. Any suggestions? I could teach Photoshop skills etc, but Friday afternoon motivation may be better if we're working towards something.

Thanks in advance B&E

2. Take a look at the new version ECDL, introductory level might suit

3. catch222

catch222 New commenter

I've posted a qn which would follow on teh question asked, about ECDL Extra - HeadHonchoICT, if you know anything I would be grateful for your 2p worth.

Thanks