1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Tracking Software

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by tomparkinson, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I am doing some research into KS3 (and maybe KS4) tracking systems. I have developed FSP, KS1 and KS2 systems before but want to have a go at KS3 and KS4.
    I have found that there doesn't seem to be a product out there for teachers and management to look at and report on assessment data so I am wondering if there is a gap there that I can help fill.
    The systems that I have developed for KS1 and KS2 have enabled to teachers to easily input pupils attainment in sub-levels then teachers and management have a suite of reports that allow them to view the data either at pupil level, class level, year group level or school level. Schools can also analyse the data for groups of pupils in school such as FSM, SEN, G&T etc.
    I have found a few KS3 spreadsheets on the TES forums that people are sharing so I have a few ideas as to what is being used at the minute but I would like some feedback from you guys to see if you would be interested in suggesting some of the functionality of the proposed new system.
    Do any of you have any thought on this idea?
    Kind regards,
    Tom

2. Hi all,
    I am doing some research into KS3 (and maybe KS4) tracking systems. I have developed FSP, KS1 and KS2 systems before but want to have a go at KS3 and KS4.
    I have found that there doesn't seem to be a product out there for teachers and management to look at and report on assessment data so I am wondering if there is a gap there that I can help fill.
    The systems that I have developed for KS1 and KS2 have enabled to teachers to easily input pupils attainment in sub-levels then teachers and management have a suite of reports that allow them to view the data either at pupil level, class level, year group level or school level. Schools can also analyse the data for groups of pupils in school such as FSM, SEN, G&T etc.
    I have found a few KS3 spreadsheets on the TES forums that people are sharing so I have a few ideas as to what is being used at the minute but I would like some feedback from you guys to see if you would be interested in suggesting some of the functionality of the proposed new system.
    Do any of you have any thought on this idea?
    Kind regards,
    Tom

3. Hi Tom,
    there are a small number of products/services on the market, one of which is SISRA Online. This provides the exact sort of performance analyses that you mention, including final KS4 Exam results and the ability to compare performance to targets (in fact many schools use SISRA to help with Target setting).
    As our service is online, users do not need to be in school to access it and we provide unlimited user access, so every member of teaching staff (and management) can access the reports and filter by FSM, SEN, G&T, Ethnicity and any number of pre-defined focus groups. We work very closely with schools and have developed the sort of analyses they tell us they need, including a recently developed E-Bacc specific report.
    There is a market for this sort of application Tom, but it may be worthwhile taking a look at SISRA as well as other services like 4matrix and DataSec before spending time developing something.
    Cheers
    Jon Williams
    IT Director, SISRA Ltd

4. <font size="2">Hi Jon,</font><font size="2">Thanks for the reply. Your system seems to be a very similar system to our FSP, KS1 & KS2 online system.</font><font size="2">You can take a look at what we have to offer at: </font>www.optimumreports.co.uk/otrack<font size="2">We get a few schools who ask us if we provide a KS3 version of O-Track and this is where our initial research has come from.</font><font size="2">I will be happy to pass them on your details in the future if you like. Maybe you could do the same if you get requests for FSP, KS1 & KS2?</font><font size="2">Kind regards,</font> <font size="2">Tom</font>