1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Science Videos

Discussion in 'Science' started by 05dan10, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can download KS3 Science Videos from Scientific Eye and Science in Action?
    Thanks in anticipation

2. Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can download KS3 Science Videos from Scientific Eye and Science in Action?
    Thanks in anticipation

3. briggs1209

briggs1209 New commenter

some Scientific Eye can still be bought on DVD from channel 4 - along with Science Bank, Virtual Body etc.

Can't get hold of Science in Action - been looking for a DVD copy for a long time. If anyone has a copy I would appreciate a PM,

4. Hi Briggs,
    Thanks for your reply and PM, I will have a look on Channel 4 and the recommended PM website.

5. Hi Dan
    I think Scientific eye is free to downlad from teacherstv - you just have to register and there are loads of other really great video resources so well worth it.

6. Sorry Dan
    I have just looked and these can't be downloaded anymore from the site - I downloaded them all ages ago so don't know what happened. You can stream in the classroom though...

7. Hi
    Thank you science babe.
    Yes I had a look a while ago on teachers tv and it seems they cannot be downloaded.
    I think I might just stream them in the classroom!
    Thanks again

8. As teachers TV has now disappeared does anyone know where these videos have gone?!?! i Just got used to streaming them in the classroom and they have disappeared :(

9. bogstandardcomp

bogstandardcomp New commenter

Many of the BBC video's, Scientific Eye have been sut up into shorter segments and can be found here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/learningzone/clips/queryengine?config=results_within&viewpage=1&SuppressCaching=1&ContentType=text%2Fhtml%3B+charset%3Dutf-8&oper_1=eq&attrib_1=SCHOOL_LEVEL_NAME&attrib_2=SUBJECT_NAME&oper_2=eq&attrib_3=TOPIC&oper_3=eq&page=1&format=list&val_2_1=Science&val_3_1=&existingSearchText=&pagesize=48&val_1_1=Secondary&additionalSearchText=

10. You tube have loads of Science in Action and Scientific Eye, but the quality is not brilliant. Does anyone know if I can buy the science in action on dvd anymore?
    mark

11. briggs1209

briggs1209 New commenter

I can't find the science in action either - I have bags of stuff that I could swap though if someone has DVD quality....

12. Didn't TES Resources get all the Teachers TV stuff? I did get a notification about them going somewhere when they closed down. I'll have to have a trawl through old e-mails to see........

13. Scientific Eye:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLupoLr9nAYyRCbgwJenRv1KSfN_kWa3u3

Science in Action:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLupoLr9nAYyQPrsd9tBUaLjTD8ARIT4I8

14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Go into youtube and put into the search box
    'Scientific eye lammas science' you will get a list of about 35 programmes (probably the whole series) that you can rip off there (I use keepvid and copy as an mp4 file).
    You can do the same with other series just put lammas science after the name and see what they have uploaded. In the last few days I have copied 'scientific eye',' science in focus', 'science in action', 'short circuit' and a few 'Chemistry in action' programmes. There is also other stuff they have uploaded but I am not familiar with them and shall have to watch them first.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Thanks! You have resurrected most of our video collection as our techies reckoned they didn't have time to copy all our VCR porogs into a digital format.
    Can I ask if you are planning to put the rest of the Chemistry in action series up there?

16. Yes in time, but it can be a laborious task so we're priotising some video programs.
    Additionally we're not fully aware of the copyright implications posting the videos may or may not have.
    Also willing to recieve videos and upload on your behalf.

17. munkey702003

munkey702003 New commenter