1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Scheme of Work

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Woobee, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Can anyone reccomend a package that will cover KS3 with lesson plans, homework, plenaries and starters (Got those the wrong way round) Have looked at Digit but it seems dated. Someone has suggested Boardworks. Please dont suggest writing it ourselves we have done that but with SLT jumping on the AFL - APP bandwagon and a huge KS4 and 5 was looking for something ready made. Hope this makes sense I am suffering from my end of term cold three weeks early!

2. Smart skills ICT builder

or

ICT skills 4 life.

3. may sound obvious but teach-ict.com subscription? All KS3 topics have homework, SoW, starters, plenaries and APP tracking.

4. jweb2k

jweb2k New commenter

Smart Skills ICT is good if you can afford it. There's still value in books or the content on VLE...

5. Pearson Complete ICT
    Everything you need in one box. Great to get you out of a hole in the short term, or if you have non ICT staff delivering. Used it in a previous school and not seen since (five years ago).
    Multimedia website on a CD and printed instructions for activities, but Kids found instructions very wordy, tended to lose interest in the detail and miss the point of what they were doing.
    On-going subscription so you can't use their material and adapt later, it without being tied in.
    Has (or did have) an AFL reporting feature that lets kids signal where they are up to, how confident they are about what they have done, and if they need help. Never found it much use myself as they just stick a hand up rather than tick a box on a web page, and the review forms and marked work are far more detailed.

6. Thank you all so much for the ideas and recommendation, I would love the books option but they are so expensive.... Will dicuss with my team today so thanks again [​IMG]

7. What are you using at the minute? Rather than chucking out the whole 3 year SoW and replacing it with a new one, why not do something a bit more iterative? If between your team you can update 1 or 2 units per year then you have a realistic workrate that you can keep up indefinitely. There are ideas a TeachICT, mukoku.vl3.co.uk, great2bgeeky and the TES resource bank, but ultimately you're best off building a SoW that will suit YOUR department, YOUR students and YOUR needs.You'll have much more ownership of it and (IME) teach it better as a result.