1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Scheme of Work: Interact by Hodder

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Coalman, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Anyone had any success in using this?

2. cj3

cj3

Kids at our school get really bored with the monotonous presentation of this - every unit has the same delivery: ppt, worksheets etc. In the bumpf it talks abut animations - these are what you and I would call static cartoons - there is no animation. The units and tasks themselves are OK - but there is too much text, way too many worksheets - and they are not differentiated particularly well. Use the actual resources to support you as a teacher - but you will need to select from the material because there is no way you would have time to cover it all. I would not buy this - have a look at ICT4Life and also the SmartLearning stuff.

3. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Personally I am a fan of creating my own resources that cater for my pupils rather than buying stuff. I get fed up as a parent when my daughters school just use off the peg resources - so much so I have found the resources sat with her and done all the work for the year with her easy!!! (makes me popular)
    Try to create your own its actually rather fun and might finally drive some of these people out who just make money from teachers that seem to have no thought processes for themselves!!!!

Well that should cause a responce!!![​IMG]