1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ks3 projects

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by spikelshovel, May 6, 2011.

1. spikelshovel

spikelshovel New commenter

i am remodeling our ks3 curriculum taking into account our school now only has a two year ks3. i was wondering if anybody had good indes for topics/ projects that are sucessful in your school, particulary topics that engage all learners including boys.
    we have been teaching: year 7, skills, local enviroment, chinese new year (masks) and ruth piper (modern art, collage painting)
    year8: fun food(observational drawing giant models), aboriginal, printed faces(expressionism)
    all ideas welcome [​IMG]

2. darkness

darkness New commenter

I did do a thread on this a long while back. Pages and pages of ideas were presented by folk from here. I appear to no longer have it in my hotlist, but a search of the art forum perhaps will bring it up.

3. Keith Haring (watch out for "rude" images) is good, as is music, myths and legends, icons and idols, fabric and folds, and some cultural topics... for example South American and Aboriginal...but there are tons.
    I could go on about this for ages!
    Naomi x

4. I've just finished a fantastic project based around the illustrator Cheeming Boey. He draws onsytrofoam cups with sharpie markers. The boys loved it and achallenging year 8 class managed to engage with the work and all created some stunning pieces.
    http://iamboey.com/

if you search you tube there is also a video of him creating a cup in time lapse which makes it much more real and accessible.

Jon

5. https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/164949.aspx

brilliant!!!

6. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish New commenter

My year 8 have been looking at Native American art. Looked at symbolism of animals in their cultures, and are now making a 7 foot Totem pole. (The totem pole is divided into 7 pieces so small groups can work on each part.) I really hope it doesn't fall over and kill someone when it's finished.