1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Project

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by bulgera, Jun 27, 2016.

1. bulgera

bulgera New commenter

Hi all,
    I need some help with making sure I cover all aspects of the curriculum in one 15 lesson project.

At the minute I have been delivering a CAM toy project that mainly deals with movement and mechanisms, CAD/CAM.

I was hoping to include electronics and programming into the project but this has proven to be difficult due to time constraints and trying to fit everything in.

The areas that I need to cover are:
    ...3d and mathematical modelling, oral and digital presentations and computer-based tools.

understand how more advanced mechanical systems used in their products enable changes in movement and force.

understand how more advanced electrical and electronic systems can be powered and used in their products...

apply computing and use electronics to embed intelligence in products that respond to inputs...